Are you always fearful, worried? Is your medication not helping?
At Montreal Neurotherapy Center, in a personalized training program, we use Neurofeedback sessions, Neuromodulation, Meditation and Psychotherapy to train your brain to regulate itself to stay in a more calm, focused state.
Psychotherapy and medication are common ways to treat anxiety and panic attacks. This can be helpful to manage in the short term, but the underlying cause remains, so you’re never really free of anxiety.
With our integrated and personalized approach we use advanced qEEG technology to analyse the brain activity that is causing your anxiety. We also record your breathing and heart variability rate. Then, in a personalized training program, we use Neurofeedback Sessions, Neuromodulation, Meditation and Psychotherapy to train your brain to regulate itself to stay in a more calm, focused state.
Control your anxiety without medication
If you feel fearful or uncertain almost all the time, if you feel constantly worried even if there is no real reason to worry about anything, then you may have these symptoms:
- Rapid heartbeat (heart palpitations)
- Excessive trembling and sweating
- Nausea and dizziness
- Chest pain and headaches
- Weakness in the limbs and muscle tension
- Having hot flashes for no reason
- Feeling cold for no reason
- Stomach cramps
You may suffer from from one of these disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social Phobia
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
What happens to your body when suffering from anxiety?
Anxiety can have a tremendous impact on your life. The negative effects can seriously disturb your social life & your inner peace. Long term, it can also have serious effects on your body and your overall health.
During an anxiety attack you can feel theses symptoms:
- Body fluids get displaced in your body. This can cause dry throat and the throat muscles to tighten.
- An increase in blood flow can make you appear paler. Some people can also blush.
- Your body produces more of the Steroid Hormone Cortisol that trigger production of glucose in your Liver. This can cause elevated blood sugar levels that disturbs body normal functions.
- The body tries to get more oxygen, causing the spleen to produce more white and red blood cells.
- Stress and anxiety, as a reflex, can causes the muscles to seize
Knowing your particular type of anxiety is the condition for selecting the good treatment.
Our evidence-based approach is unique at Neurotherapy Montreal because we focus on 4 factors:
BIO, PSYCHO, NEURO, SOCIAL
General Medical Evaluation
- If you have not had a recent medical check up, we will order lab tests to rule out kidneys, liver or thyroid malfunction, hormone imbalances, toxicity, etc, if deemed necessary.
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV) — This test measures your heart rate and breathing patterns
Will include some combination of:
- Cognitive ability tests used to assess processing of information
- Behaviour check-lists
- Some assessments will include projective tests, which are used to help understand underlying emotional concerns and beliefs
- Some assessments will include tests related to mental health in combinations with clinical interviews
Recording your Brain Activity (qEEg)
- We will record two brain mappings: one at rest and one during concentration to identify region of the brain that do not work well
- We will test Frontal alpha asymmetry (the relative difference in power between two signals in different hemispheres) has been suggested as bio-marker for anxiety.
- qEEG technology is at the core of our assessment
How do we treat Depression?
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS)
Brain stimulation is a proven treatment for depression when medications and therapy have failed or not tolerated. rTMS is a procedure in which cerebral electrical activity is influenced by a pulsed magnetic field. The magnetic field is generated by passing brief current pulses through a figure 8 coil. This coil is encased in plastic and is held close to the scalp so that the magnetic field can be focused onto specific areas of the cortex, or surface, of the brain — it is a safe and efficient procedure.
rTMS therapy is approved by Health Canada & the FDA (USA) and by the RAMQ. Our approach is safe, efficient with lasting effects. Non-invasive neuromodulation and cognitive neuroscience have evolved into powerful tools for patients who suffer from depression.
A video of a simulated Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) treatment by Domenic Ciraulo, MED professor and Chair of the department of psychiatry and chief psychiatrist at Boston Medical Center, and Maryam Afshar, MED assistant professor.
This video is a good representation of the rTMS treatment we are offering at the Montreal Neurotherapy Center. We have improved the life of many people suffering from Depression type illness using this non invasive, painless therapy approved by Health Canada, the FDA and the RAMQ.
Electromagnetic Therapy Offers Hope for Depression
A good testimonial from a patient suffering of severe symptoms of depression before & after rTMS treatment and the positive impact on her life and her family.
See how the Montreal Neurotherapy
Center can help!
Center can help!