Elisabeth Vo MPA
We provide and use the latest discoveries and treatment to our patients to bring modern solutions to auditory diseases and disorders.The Montreal Neurotherapy Center remains at the forefront of recognized scientific research that adds new therapeutic options to help these serious problems.
Neurological conditions such as TBI, post stroke, vestibular disorders may also present earing problems, tinnitus or speech problems.
Auditory neuropathy is a hearing problem that is caused by an abnormality in the transmission of nerve impulses traveling from the inner ear to the brain.
The symptoms of auditory neuropathy vary from one individual to the next, but can include:
- Sounds tend to fade in and out
- Understanding spoken words (speech perception) may be difficult
- Hearing may be normal, but with poor speech perception
- Speech perception may worsen in noisy environments
- Symptoms may fluctuate.
A number of factors may be responsible for earing loss :
- Damaged hair cells within the inner ear
- Damage to the connections between the hair cells and the cochlear nerve
- Damage to the cochlear nerve
- Damage to the eighth cranial nerve (the combination of the cochlear and vestibular nerves)
- Damage to auditory pathways in the brain stem.
Evaluation process include:
- High frequency audiometry
- Tympanometry and acoustic reflex
- Psychoacoustic measurement of tinnitus
- Tonie, Loudness (pitch match)
- Masking threshold (Minimum Masking Level)
- Residual inhibition and Acoustic Stimulation
Some of the problems we treat...
- Vestibular Disease
- Meniere's Disease
- Perilymphatic fistula
- Traumatic brain injury
- Central or idiopathic Parkinson's disease or other impairments of the motor and sensory control.
Treatments we are using
- Acoustic Stimulation (AS)
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (RTMs)
- Tinnitus Desensitization Therapy TM
- Hearing Aid
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dizziness and Balance Disorder
- Biofeedback & neurofeedback
- Intensive Tinnitus Treatment - 3 Weeks
Services offer in collaboration with Our Partner
One of the most Advanced Clinic in Canada for Ear & Balance disorders and more...
Or by Phone —
Click the following Tabs to consult
Audiology & Speech therapy General Information• Coming Soon...
VIDEOS - MEDIAS
Audiology & Speech therapy Videos & Medias• Coming Soon...
LITERATURE - RESEARCH
Audiology & Speech therapy Literature• Coming Soon...
LINKS & REFERENCES
“ Blindness separates us from things but deafness separates us from people. ”From: Helen Keller