When a TBI (Concussion) occurs, anything having to do with your brain is potentially affected.That means your basic body functions, like eating and sleeping, can be altered. It also means that the complex parts of your life — your emotions, your thoughts, and your ability to communicate — can also be disrupted.
Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries can resolves themselves after a week to six week.
However, Some people will develop what is know as a Post-Concussion Syndrome that can vary from people to people in severity and lasting effects, including cognitive, emotional and physical disturbances.
The symptoms can include:
- Repetitive or lasting Headaches
- Dizziness and Balance problems
- Irritability and Mood Swing
- Tinnitus (Ear Ringing)
- Insomnia and other Sleep disorders
- Loss of concentration and memory
- Noise and light sensitivity
- Neck Pain
Or by Phone —